September 11, 2014

Review || Silky Girl Moisture Boost Lipcolor Balm

Assalamualaikum.
Hello there!




Have you ever heard/see this lip crayon from Silky Girl? It is new in town. These are the Moisture Boost Lipcolor Balm. The moment I saw these lip colour on shelf, I immediately swatch the shade on the back of my hand. I fall in love with 4 out of 6 shades available. They have 01-Latte, 02-Coral, 03-Ruby, 04-Rose, 05-Poppy and 06-Wine. The price retail for RM18.90 each. It is quite cheap for a lip shade. I read bout this lip crayon. The formula is kind of creamy and smooth. It does not have any glitter/shimmer but it gives your lips a bit shine. I find it easy to apply and very pigmented. The colour are buildable. You can start with light shade with one swipe and build the colour to your liking.What I like the most is, no sharpening needed! I am very lazy what it comes to sharpen my make-up. I will possibly avoid any make-up that needs to be sharpen. HAHA.






I bought 3 out of 6 shades. 04 - Rose, 05 - Poppy, and 06 - Wine. I am very tempted to buy 03 - Ruby cause I really like red lips. But I am holding myself from buying it since I already have 2 red lip sticks.

04 - Rose


04 - Rose have a cute nude colour on me. Cant pull off with any brown shades as nude lip colour. my lips is quite dark. I found that the 04 - Rose have the perfect lipstick for everyday lip shade. If I don't want any heavy lip colour or I am going to the market with mommy, I will put on this colour just to brighten my face. Or else I will look very extremely pale.

05 - Poppy


05 -Poppy. Heres the behind the scene story bout this specific lip shade. I have my eyes on the Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm in the orange shade (Tease) . At that time, Watsons offers 2nd @ half price promotion. I am excited with the offer. So I search up and down for another lip shade from the same formula but I can't find any. When I went to Silkygirl booth, they have the lip color in orange. Swatch both Revlon and Silkygirl and I found no big difference. And I told myself 'it doesn't scratch if I bought the Silkygirl over Revlon since it have almost the same color'. This happen to be my very first orange lip shade and I'm in love with it.




06 - Wine. I have no reason for this shade. I just fell in love with the colour recently. I think I got NYX lipstick in almost the same shade. Haha.

So, that's all for now. Thank you for reading.

Good Luck!




***do follow me on Instagram @alyarazali

****Disclaimer: I bought these with my own money and I reviewed it according to my liking and suitability. 

2 comments:

Teddy B. said...

Wow, wine looks really good on you. All 3 colors do! :0 I've been tempted to get a purple lippie for a while now.

alyarazali said...

Thank you Teddy B. You may want to get wine for kickstart. The colour is not too purple and not too red. And the colour stays for quite a long time too.