September 22, 2014

Skin Care || Make-up Remover or Cleansing Oil?



Assalamualaikum.

Hi there!



Do you loves applying make up? I believe every women would like to wear make up and doll up for special occasion or even some for daily routine e.g. going to class, work, shopping, etc. I noticed most of Malaysian would like to apply eyeliner as a simple and wearable make up look for everyday activities. So, have you ever had a hard time to remove your eyeliner? You might have to scrub your eye lid real hard and end up, having irritated eyes. Here is when you have to have a make up remover or cleansing oil. But which one to choose? I will guide you on your ideal type of make up remover that suits your needs.










1. Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Make-up Remover



Retail Price : RM45.90


I would suggest this make up remover for girls with light make up application. It is a water-based remover. It can remove only light make up. By mean, no foundation, and no water-proof make up products. It can remove the water proof make up but not completely clean. It does leave a layer of product that you need to scrub later on. And normally the layer is real hard to remove even if you wash it with facial cleanser. It goes deep into the pores/fine line on your face. 



I used to use this remover because I have the thought of cleansing oil will clog my pores and I will get terrible break out. I avoid any oil cleanser and grab this instead. And I used to apply simple make up which are powder, blusher and lip colour. I will only apply eyeliner for special occasion. Thus, this make up remover work best for me for my simple everyday make up look.


Test:


2 layers of Maybelline Hyper Sharp eyeliner. *I normally apply two layers for intense black.

Thick texture

Lightly massage with circular motion for 25 seconds
Rinse with water without adding any scrubbing






2. Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid Moisturizing Cleansing Oil


Retail price : RM49.90

There are two types of girl that are suitable with this remover.

a) Girl who wore any water-proof, heavy make up

b) Girl who sometimes applies heavy makeup and sometimes applies simple make up look.


Why did I say that? I don't think you need to have both of the remover so that you can alternate between water-based remover and oil cleansing. You can save your money by buying this cleansing oil only. You can use for any make up look either light or heavy. This cleansing oil can take away any water-proof products and your foundation too. It is also gentle to your skin and you don't need to scrub hard to remove all the water-proof make up.

Test:


2 layers of Maybelline Hyper Sharp eyeliner. *I normally apply two layers for intense black.


The texture is light and it can be runny

Lightly massage with circular motion for 25 seconds

Rinse with water without adding any scrubbing


And surprisingly, this cleansing oil does not leave your skin oily and will not cause you breakout. It is a water soluble oil cleanser and the oil used in this cleanser is a high purity olive oil. Okay, truth to be told, I don't really know what is a high purity olive oil. I'm just a normal lady. But what I know, olive oil does help in removing make up. If you prefer to use the normal olive oil to remove your make up, sure you can. But you will feel that the oil is hard to get off your skin. I personally don't like that feeling. Thus, this remover is really helpful in removing all the make up without rough scrubs and irritates your skin. 



In a nut shell, I really think any girl who like to apply make up should own a makeup remover. Please do not depend solely on your facial cleanser. It will not remove the makeup completely. And don't blame anyone if you start getting breakout later. I hope this may guide you in choosing the best make-up remover.





Thank you. Good luck.


*Do follow me on Instagram  @alyarazali

**Disclaimer: I bought these with my own money and reviewed it according to my liking and suitability of my skin.

2 comments:

Rin said...

Fantastic review!
I would definitely opt for the cleansing oil from the get go. These days, companies are really improving their formulas to ensure that there's no greasy sensation at the end of our cleansing rituals (It is called cleansing for a reason, after all. haha)

Thanks very much once again for the very detailed review!

xoxo Rin
Fuurin Diary

alyarazali said...

I also heard that Hada Labo Cleansing Oil is as good as SK-II's cleansing oil. But I can't write it cz I didn't try it personally.

Thank you for reading :)