September 17, 2014

Skin Care || Night Routine - L'occitane Immortelle Series

Assalamualaikum.

Hi there!

Did you ever know that night regime is the most crucial part in repairing your skin? Most of us would neglect the night regime because we prefer to have clean face without any products on when we go to sleep. Yeah, I used to have that feeling. Until one day, I heard one of my friend said night cream would help a lot in repairing the skin. That time, I apply Olay Night Cream. But I still don't like the feeling of applying products at night. I felt my skin very oily. *I'm sorry Olay. You're just not suitable for my skin. :/ So, I skip one day, two days, three days, and it happened that I skip it forever. *forever here means it is a very longggg time.






Recently, *not really very recent but yeah, I won a contest on Facebook organized by L'occitane en Provence. My family and my best friend know that I really love to apply for free samples. HAHA. So, I redeem the free sample at the nearest L'occitane en Provence outlet and try their new Brightening Essence. After a few weeks of redeeming the freebies, I got a message to write a review on their Facebook page and I might be winning the grand prize. So, I reviewed their Brightening Essence and I didn't hope for anything at all. Suddenly I got a notification saying I am one of the five grand prize winners of the contest after a month of silence. I really didn't expecting anything. And of course I went all crazy and tell my family and friend about it. Hence, I decided to use these products as my night regime. Why I only wear it at night? I will tell you further below.

I won three essential products from them. A bottle toner, a jar of essence, and a jar of cream. I am writing according to the sequence of applying the products on the skin.


1) L'occitane Immortelle Brightening Water. (50 ml)




This Brightening Water is a toner. They called it 'water' due to the consistency. It is very similar to water. Unlike Hada Labo Lotion that is a bit thicker than this Water. 
It is easily absorb and the texture is very light. It can be runny. I need to work with this ASAP. By the way, I don't like using cotton pad to apply toner. I pat it directly on my skin with bare hand until everything gone/absorbed. Maybe if you use cotton pad, you can get better control of the toner. By the way, I only apply the toner after I wash my face.


2) L'occitane Immortelle Brightening Essence (30 ml)



Second is the essence. I really like this Brightening Essence. The texture is light and it came in a jar with dropper attached to the lead. This is a great hygiene solution. I only use half pump *should I call it pump?? I don't know. I don't count the drops. I just squeeze the dropper head quickly till it is half of the rod. Half pump is sufficient for the whole face. Sometimes I do get tingling feeling but it doesn't irritate my skin. And, I do have sensitive skin. So, as long as it doesn't give redness and irritation to my skin, I'm fine with it. The product absorbs into the skin as quickly as the toner. And the consistency is easy to control. It is not too thin or too thick. Just nice.


3) L'occitane Immortelle Brightening Moisture Cream (50 ml)




Last but not least, I apply cream before I go to bed. L'occitane Immortelle Brightening Moisture Cream is thick in consistency. This is the main reason why I only apply it at night. I don't fancy any thick cream during day time because I don't like to apply make up after it. I personally will feel that my make up would smudge and run all over the place. Yeah, I am exaggerating. I felt that this cream leave a layer on my skin. But, once I woke up in the morning, I can feel my baby smooth skin. How can I resist that feeling? I think I have a love-hate relationship with this product. Still, I use it everyday though. 

These Immortelle series have the same Immortelle flower fragrance and vitamin C in it. They claim that Immortelle flower have a very special characteristic which the flower never fade even after being picked. Awesome right? And vitamin C also helps in brighten and give radiant to the skin. 


All in all, I would recommend Immortelle series to who ever wanted to maintain their skin radiant. It does not help in fighting acne/blemishes. I am also thankful that I get the chance to try this expensive products. I would consider purchasing this in future. You would like to hit "Like" button on L'occitane en Provence Facebook page and get informed of any freebies or contest. You might be lucky enough to win the prizes too.

*Do follow me on instagram @alyarazali


**Disclaimer. Eventhough I didn't bought these, I am not obligate to write a review on the products. I reviewed it based on my liking and my skin suitability.

6 comments:

FurFer said...

Hmm... Seeing that you have sensitive skin too, can i know how long does the tingling feel will last? Because as for me (having sensitive skin too), any brightening products will irritate and somehow has the "burning" feel and last for around few minutes after I apply the brightening products.

alyarazali said...

I only feel the tingling feeling for a few seconds after applying it. But I dont get any burning. I know what the 'burn' feels like. But nope, not these product. Maybe you could ask a sample before you purchase it. Just incase.

Mieza Everdeen said...

Your intro reminds me of my recently practiced routine of night care too! Before this I couldn't be bothered to be very strict with my skincare at night, but then i realized that we dont have the teenage skin forever XD i havent tried anything from Immortelle range and I certainly cant afford to buy it yet, but it is great to know the products and the routine from you ^_^ hey, you're studying in UTM Skudai kan? mesti baik dengan Shera, Meia and Clo kan? they're my asasi buddies!

Mieza | Mieza Everdeen's

alyarazali said...

Sometimes I put an alarm on my phone just to remind me of the night routine. Haha. Oh yeah, I definitely heard about you from Meia. She once subscribed to Mivva Box because of you. ^^

Princesa3290 said...

gosh, i loveee l'occitane product!!! ♥
pls do more review 'bout 'em okay!

alyarazali said...

If I happen to get L'occitane products on hand, I will make a review. Thanks for reading. ^^