March 04, 2015

Review || Catrice Cosmetics

Assalamualaikum

Hello there!


Have you heard about Catrice Cosmetics? Through a mini research done by my not so little fingers, Catrice cosmetics and Essence cosmetics are sisters. That's explains a lot in terms of the display layout, the design of the products and also the price. I believed that Catrice cosmetics get their way in Malaysia's market about 3 months ago. They teamed up with Guardian (the drugstore) to sell their products. Thus, you can only get these exclusively in Guardian.

I got excited when I see one of my Instagram friend post about this brand. Each time I saw Guardian, I will go in the store - without fail - and I can't stop admiring all the products. It seems promising! I manage to get 5 items from them.




1) Velvet Matt Eye shadow - 040 Burgundy
2) Liquid Metal Eye shadow - 030 We Are The Champagnes
3) Eye Brow Stylist - 040 Don't Let Me Brow'n
4) All Matt Plus Shine Control Powder - 010 Transparent
5) Allround Concealer palette (not in picture)




Velvet Matt Eye shadow - 040 Burgundy








I really really like this eye shadow. The shadow feels buttery when I swatch it. It is a very pigmented eye shadow. I can swatches the colour up to 3 times before it fades. It is a long lasting shadow. It does not crease on my lids. Although it claimed that this is a matte shadow, I do find that it have a fine gold shimmer in it. But still, the colour payoff is amazing! However, you will have a little fallout if you are not careful. 




Liquid Metal Eye shadow - 030 We Are The Champagnes







This shadow is another hit product carried by Catrice cosmetics. It stays on the lids like nobody's business. Just look at the swatch. Kill me! It is the most gorgeous champagne colour ever! I feels that it is best to use my finger to apply this on my lids. Brushes doesn't do its justice!




Eye Brow Stylist - 040 Don't Let Me Brow'n







I find it handy to have the product on one end and a spooley on the other because the last thing you want it a very harsh brow that looks like a drag queen. The texture is perfect. It is not too creamy and not too hard. Although the colour looks like dark brown, when I apply it, it appear greyish to black. The colour matches my brow and I gave it a thumbs up. I noticed that Catrice sells brow fillers. It could be fun to try the fillers.






All Matt Plus Shine Control Powder - 010 Transparent





I am in the search for a good mattifies powder. I bought this because this is the only brand that offers transparent powder that I can find. I didn't swatch the powder cause it doesn't have any colour at all. it just help to keep the shine away. Unfortunately, this powder is a total miss. It does mattify the skin but after a couple of hours, my skin looks like a mirror. Oh my! I have to touch up more than 5 times in 8 hours duration. I do not recommend this powder.




Allround Concealer palette


Photo by Catrice


I do not have my own picture of this baby because I passed it to someone else. I like the concept that Catrice put in their concealer palette. It have green for neutralizing the dark circle, pink to fight redness, and 3 shades of actual concealer which it can be mix to find the perfect tone for each users. However, this palette does not work on me. My dark under eyes is soo dark that this concealer and corrector can't do the job. My friend however seems to like it. It works on her.



All in all, I would recommend their eyeshadows. It is superb! I can say that the eyeshadows are all hit products. They also have eyeshadow quad which they have the same colour in their single eyeshadow range and put it in a palette. It is cheaper. But the down side of it, you can't customize the colour according to your liking. You can find Catrice cosmetics in selected Guardian store.



Thanks for reading. Good luck.


4 comments:

ntshmzh said...

You beli kat guardian mana? I cari jugaa tak jumpa 😭😭

alyarazali said...

Since I stay JB, I slalu beli kt Guardian Giant Plentong and Jusco Taman Universiti. Not sure Jusco Kulaijaya ada or tak Catrice.

ntshmzh said...

I pun stay JB, okayy thnkyouu .

alyarazali said...

CS pun ada. Tengok lah kt sana.