March 11, 2015

Review || I Heart Chocolate Eyeshadow Palette by I Heart Makeup

Assalamualaikum


Hello there!




I guess many of you knew about Too Faced Chocolate Bar eyeshadow palette. And if you guess I bought one, you're wrong. I bought the dupe of the palette! I watch sooooo many YT videos on this palette and they all says that I Heart Chocolate by I Heart Makeup is the dupe for Too Faced Chocolate Bar. You can watch it here or you can even read it here. Okay, enough with the dupe, lets jump into the review.



This is how it came when I purchased it.





I do not fancy the packaging. It is okay but the chocolate bar took a lot of space. But, it does suits the chocolate theme.




The moment I open this palette, I smells chocolate! Who doesn't like chocolate anyway? Anyway, you get 16 eyeshadows in this palette and 2 of them are bigger than the other. I guess it is the base or highlight colour. It also came with a full sized mirror! I love it sooo much. It really help me in applying my makeup and it is easier for me to travel with the palette without worrying about mirror. 




It came with a clear plastic film with the name of each eyeshadow printed on it. I like it when the eyeshadow have their own names. 





These are the colours you get. Most of them are neutral colours. There are combination of matte, shimmer and glitter in one palette. There are 6 matte eyeshadows, 2 glitter eyeshadows, and 8 shimmer eyeshadows. 






These are the swatches of the eyeshadows:


Top row


L - R

You Need Love - Matte
Piece Me Together - Glitter
One More Piece - Matte
Love Torn - Glitter
Stolen Chocolate - Matte




Middle row


L - R

Thank Friday- Matte
More ! - Shimmer
Pleasure Girl - Matte
Meet Chocolate - Matte
Unforgivable - Shimmer
Love Divine - Shimmer




Bottom row


L - R

Smooth Criminal - Shimmer
Chocolate Love - Shimmer
You Need More - Shimmer
What a Way to Go - Shimmer
Endorphins Ready! - Shimmer



The colours are very pigmented. Light hand needed in handling this shadows or else you can easily overdone it. Due to the high pigmentation, you can get many application with it. It is easy to blend and smooth to the touch. 

The colour stays on the lid and it can last up to 8 hours without creasing. I do not use any eye primer. You might get longer stay power if you apply an eye primer before putting on the eyeshadow. 


You can get this palette through Makeup Revolution's online store. The price it RM 65 excluding the shipment fees. Do check on their other products too.



Rating

Packaging - 4.5 / 5
Pigment - 5 / 5
Lasting power - 5 / 5

Overall - 5 / 5



Thank you for stopping by and read my post.

Good Luck


Instagram @alyarazali

No comments: